We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travlg from Antigua to Belize City

BOulder, CO
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Travlg from Antigua to Belize City

Travelers,

My family and I will be in Antigua area mid June and, from there, intend to get to Caye Caulker in Belize for a week of snorkeling. We haven'[t yet nailed down the logistics. Air travel is about $240 each, one way. Not appealing.

I am now seeking out info on higher-end bus service from Antigua to Bze City, even with a possible overnight somewhere along the way such as Flores.

Anyone have any experience in this area? Other option is a bus to Pto.Barrios and a fast boat up the east coast to Bze City or all the way to the Caye.

THanks.

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travlg from Antigua to Belize City

Here are 2 bus companies..probably dont go to Anitgua... but you can find plenty of options from/to Anitgua -Guatemala via bus then catch these 2 options:

www.adnautobusesdelnorte.com/index.html

Also another bus called Linea Dorado that goes from Belize to Flores. http://tikalmayanworld.com/

or fly:

Then check out Tikal Jets www.tikaljets.com

its a good airline that has service between Guatemala/Belize and Flores You can find round trip flights for like $170 2 hrs each way instead of 2 days via bus.

Guatemala
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travlg from Antigua to Belize City

The best way is from Antigua travel to Guatemala city, then you have options like take an airplane in the airport that is not too expensive directly to Belize or you can take a bus called Linea Dorada from Guatemala city to Flores Peten, you can visit Tikal and then you travel from Flores by bus or by plane to Belize; in that way the travel will be cheaper.

If you need a guide services, call me or write me when you arrived to Guatemala. My mail is: eleo_ardany@hotmail.com

cel. 59982097.

Welcome to Guatemala