We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caravan Tours

Florida
Level Contributor
211 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Caravan Tours

Hope to take the 9 - 11 day tour, 25 Jan with Caravan Tours. Has anyone taken this before? If so, do you have any feedback?

Thank You

RT

Guatemalan Adventure Day Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Filadelfia Coffee Resort & Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, Coffee & Tea Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caravan Tours

I have booked the Caravan to Guatemala trip (13-23 March 2009) with them and have researched a little.

Of course the reason why their prices are so reasonable is because their tour groups are very large usually 35+ people per tour.

Since everything (accommodations, food, transportation, etc.) is taken care of these tours tend to attract an older crowd. I found a site of a lady that had been on three trips with them, Costa Rica, Guatemala and Copper Canyon and most of the people looked 60 plus.

Keep that in mind, too, with getting in and out of the bus, boat or whatever. It may take time to (dis)embark.

You will also note, that activities do not require a high level of fitness, basically moseying around, shopping or "driving by", nothing challenging.

That said, I have heard lots of great reviews and you really cannot beat the price unless you travel on a shoe string.

Let us know how your trip went!

tucson, az
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caravan Tours

I took this last year with my father, and we both loved it- we went on the Costa Rica trip this year.

The tour is very nice in that if you don't feel like doing something, you don't have to. There were older people on the tour- one was 90!- and they decided what they were up to and what they weren't, and ylet our tour guide know taht yes, they would go, or no they wouldn't.

The tour I was on was almost all adults- I suspect most kids under about 15 aren't that into Mayan ruins, though the two early teens (with unrealated families) on the trip both seemed to have had a good time.

The tour is inclusive, so all meals are provided as is water but if you want soda or alcohol with your meals you will need to pay for that. Also you paid for bottled water in Guatemala City as I recall.

3. Re: Caravan Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 03:22