We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day in port...temps?

Which Guatemala hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fernandina Beach...
Level Contributor
258 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
day in port...temps?

My family will be in port early next wk. I looked @ weather.com & it lists weather as high 60's & cool of @ 60 at night. I know that can change between now & then but does that seem pretty accurate? I'm assuming the beaches & pools may be a bit cool? Thanks for any advice.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day in port...temps?

I don't think that's totally accurate. I'd say you can expect on either side Puerto Quetzal in the Pacific or Santo Tomas on the Atlantic, something around the mid 70sF to 80 for the highest and mid 60s for the overnight low. Now in the highlands including Antigua you can expect from cool to cold overnight temperatures but always sunny and warm days throughout the country. Good luck

Fernandina Beach...
Level Contributor
258 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day in port...temps?

Thanks! That sounds much better to me. Though I have family that will think they're dying if it's under 90. ;-)

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day in port...temps?

Take a look of this video of a port call in Santo Tomas on the atlantic side

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9q3dori77g

Fernandina Beach...
Level Contributor
258 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day in port...temps?

Ah yes, I watched that video a few months ago when I first starting looking around. Wonderful!

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: day in port...temps?

I'd expect temps in the 80s.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: day in port...temps?

I'd say you're right, temperatures down in the coastal areas even during december feel like in the 80's during the day.

7. Re: day in port...temps?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2011, 05:25