You might consider me the "Queen of Prep" but I like to know as much about a destination as possible before I arrive. I have done some searches on this forum but would like to ask a few questions:
1. Do I need to keep a copy of my passport with me if I am staying at a hotel and just going places around the area? I will have other ID with me. Are there any random "passport checks" ? Would the copy need to be a color copy or would B&W do just as well?
2. I read in a couple of posts that people who tip, usually tip something like 10%. Would you tip a shuttle driver? Someone who does your laundry? Hotel maids? Other tipping recommendations? Guides?
3. Could you give me an estimated range of cost for having laundry done? I won't be staying in any fancy hotels so probably just a local laundry or lady.
4. Tough one -- estimated food costs per day. I usually eat simple meals and like to eat where locals eat. Nothing fancy. Even a range of estimated costs would be helpful.
5. Could you advise me of any cultural "do's and don'ts"? I am usually respectful about taking photos of people, asking "Con permiso?" beforehand. Any other things you can think of?
Thanks so much for your help.