We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses or shuttles from Flores to Rio Dulce

London
Level Contributor
30 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Buses or shuttles from Flores to Rio Dulce

I'm looking for the quickest way to get from Flores to Rio Dulce. How long by bus / shuttle will this journey take? Can anyone recommend a good shuttle or bus company for this journey?

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses or shuttles from Flores to Rio Dulce

When you talk about buses in guatemala let me tell you, you don't want to ask for the quickest way, because some of those chicken bus drivers are road maniacs and I guarantee you, they can make that bus fly. But luckily you have the first class/deluxe type bus lines such as Fuente del Norte, Linea Dorada and Autobuses del Norte driven by safe drivers. From Flores to Rio Dulce it's about a 3 to 4 hour bus ride on a good paved road. As far as I know thre is no shuttle service on that route.

Alabama
Level Contributor
758 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses or shuttles from Flores to Rio Dulce

Fuente del Norte advertises many buses each day from Santa Elena/Flores to Rio Dulce. They advertise the trip to take exactly 4 hours on their 2nd class bus, but, also advertise the trip to take 3 hours on their 1st class bus. I'll post a link so that you can look at what they have available. This link is for all bus lines throughout Guatemala......and even connections to Belize, Honduras, El Salvador and Mexico.

http://www.thebusschedule.com/gt/index.php

Edited: 05 July 2011, 23:07
London
Level Contributor
30 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses or shuttles from Flores to Rio Dulce

Thanks so much for that timetable info,really really useful! Any recommendations on places to stay in Rio Dulce?

Thanks again!

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,862 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses or shuttles from Flores to Rio Dulce

Depends on how much you're thinking about spending and how close you want to be to town. I stayed at Finca Tatin a few years ago, but it's definitely not for everyone.

5. Re: Buses or shuttles from Flores to Rio Dulce

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 07:19