We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 week iteniary

bristol uk
Level Contributor
859 posts
Save Topic
3 week iteniary

I have 3 weeks to travel around from Sept 27th and would this iteniary sound feasible.From G.C to Flores/Tikal, down to Rio Dulce,Livingston/Puerto Barrios,down to the Pacific coast Monterico,then up to Lake Atitlan/Pana,ending up staying in Antigua.Does this sound feasible,or any changes needed.

Mentioned in this post
Flores
Flores
Peten Department, Guatemala
Tikal National Park
Tikal National Park
Rio Dulce
Rio Dulce
111 Reviews
Guatemala
Livingston
Livingston
Rio Dulce, Guatemala
Puerto Barrios
Puerto Barrios
Izabal Department, Guatemala
Lake Atitlan
Lake Atitlan
651 Reviews
Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
Antigua
Antigua
Sacatepequez Department, Guatemala
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
12,884 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 week iteniary

That's feasible. Time in the highlands would be a priority for me. Happy trails!

Alabama
Level Contributor
758 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 week iteniary

Sounds good to me as well......

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
3,036 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 week iteniary

So rare, and refreshing, to have someone with reasonable objectives for their allotted time!

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 week iteniary

This is the way I would do it to save you time from any backtracking.From GC to Puerto Barrios/Rio Dulce www.mayaparadise.com on www.litegua.com They have excellent hourly service on double decker buses. From GC to Puerto Barrios is a five hours ride with a lunch stop. In PB you take the public boat for the 30 minute ride to Livingston. Then from there up to Flores/Tikal it's about 3/4 hours. Then via Sayaxche down to Coban. And in Coban you'll find plenty of available transportation via Uspantan to Nebaj www.nebaj.com And via Chichi to Atitlan. From there to Antigua and Monterrico or back to GC for your return flight Go to www.mapasdeguatemala.com This other site has good hotels with direct telephone numbers www.guatemalastory.com

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Barrios
Puerto Barrios
Izabal Department, Guatemala
Rio Dulce
Rio Dulce
111 Reviews
Guatemala
Flores
Flores
Tikal National Park
Tikal National Park
Coban
Coban
Alta Verapaz Department, Guatemala
Antigua
Antigua
Sacatepequez Department, Guatemala
Monterrico
Monterrico
Santa Rosa Department, Guatemala
bristol uk
Level Contributor
859 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 week iteniary

thanks Kyle2009,i like your advice,that way theres dosent seem to be any night travelling,as i would like to see the country side.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 week iteniary

So, depending on your flight arrival time you could go straight to the Litegua bus terminal in downtown zone one. Now taking into account that it's a five hour ride you'll have to leave no later than 12PM in order to arrive in PB before dusk. Otherwise you'll have to find a place to stay there to take the boat to Livingston the next day. And believe it or not PB it's a safe place with a lower crime rate than the rest of the country. And it's not dirty either. But is not a very appealing to the eye. Or instead of going to PB, you could take Litegua to Rio Dulce also known as Fronteras which is a nicer town than PB and spend the night at Bruno's or any of the other hotels there. On this site www.mapasdeguatemala.com click on Izabal to get an area map of Rio Dulce.

Mentioned in this post
Livingston
Livingston
Rio Dulce, Guatemala
Rio Dulce
Rio Dulce
111 Reviews
Guatemala
Izabal
Izabal
Rio Dulce, Guatemala
7. Re: 3 week iteniary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2012, 21:18