We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodation around christmas and new year

Which Guatemala hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
accomodation around christmas and new year

Hello,

My boyfriend and I would like to go to Guatemala over christmas and new year and I was wondering if we need to book accommodation ahead of time. We like to go to Tikal, Livingston, coban and lake atitlan. Also, what is best way to get from flores to livingston? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Steffi

Alabama
Level Contributor
758 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accomodation around christmas and new year

The best way to get from Flores to Livingston is by taking a first class bus to Rio Dulce and then continue to Livingston by boat.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accomodation around christmas and new year

Thanks a lot. And what about the accommodation, do you think we need to book ahead? I'd rather stay a bit flexible...

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accomodation around christmas and new year

I agree. www.mapasdeguatemala.com/mapas/modules.php… the town of Rio Dulce is right off the bridge. This map can give you an idea of the whole area.

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,774 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accomodation around christmas and new year

Particularly at that time of the year, I would book ahead.

5. Re: accomodation around christmas and new year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2012, 10:18