We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guatemala in August/September

london
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Guatemala in August/September

Hello

I'm thinking of going to Guatemala in August till September. Quite worried about the weather. I know it is rainy season but in honour of our zero summer in the uk:) I really am hoping for some sunbathing/sun opportunities. What do people think? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Guatemala
Guatemala
Central America
Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guatemala in August/September

Hello there....during a normal rainy season (May-Oct) you can expect afternoon or evening showers but not to the point of stopping you from being able to move around the country. Now, the last two years guatemala has been affected by hurricanes mainly coming from the pacific with torrential rains that have caused landslides blocking some roads. But they always have heavy equipment standing by as part of the rainy season contingency plan. So, sometimes you may experience minor inconviniences. But always sunny and warm days. IMO you should be fine.

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
3,041 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guatemala in August/September

I got a great tan last July in just one clear day. If you're going to be there for a couple of weeks, you should get enough sun opportunities.

Lake Atitlan
Destination Expert
for Lake Atitlan
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guatemala in August/September

Compared to London, you should find the weather splendid.

4. Re: Guatemala in August/September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 20:46