We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions on my itinerary, please!

Portland
Level Contributor
120 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions on my itinerary, please!

I am visiting Guatemala for six days in May. This is the tenetative plan:

*First two nights in Guatemala City at the Marriott;

*Third night in Antigua at the Mansion del Pensativo (I think--but if anyone has a better suggestion, please, pass it on);

*Fourth and fifth nights in Tikal-area at la Casa de Don David;

*Final night back in Guatemala City at the Marriott again.

I haven't decided whether to take a bus or plane to Tikal. Recommendations?

Nothing has been booked yet, so the itinerary is totally flexible. I'd love thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc. Please help. Thanks!

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions on my itinerary, please!

Hi there: First of all, with only sixs day for your trip, its not going to be easy for you to go by bus to Tikal. The trip takes pretty much the whole day. So that's two days back and forth. Check out www.tikalmayanworld.com for deluxe class bus service(Linea Dorada) All the airlines schedule their flights to Tikal pretty early in the morning (6A.M) and return in the evening. You'll need at least two days in Tikal for the trip to be worth it. Recommend you visit the museum of archeology and ethnology in guatemala city. Have a nice trip.

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions on my itinerary, please!

Fly to Tikal. with www.taca.com or www.tikaljets.com

much better than taking the bus.

you might want to consider staying only 1 night at Guatemala city... and use that extra night in Antigua. not sure your going get much out the city.

From Antigua you can use that extra time to climb volcanoes...or horseback riding in the countryside...

good luck!!!