We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel cheap (and slow) from Guatemala to Cartagena?

Which Guatemala hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Travel cheap (and slow) from Guatemala to Cartagena?

Planning the itinerary of my round the world trip, I will travel from Tulum/Cancun/Coba to Antiga, Guatemala. My next stop will be Cartagena in Colombia.

The flights from Guatemala City are way too expensive at $600+ so what is the best solution since we can't use the roads all the way down. Any other place to fly from that would be cheaper? Boat?

Let me know, thank you.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel cheap (and slow) from Guatemala to Cartagena?

Have you tried www.copa.com they have flights via Panama city and www.taca.com flies to south america too. Good luck.

London, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel cheap (and slow) from Guatemala to Cartagena?

$300, still expensive, hmm, I need to find the cheapest way to reach Cartagena from Central America. Maybe from another departure city or to Bogota and then travel overland to Cartagena. Anyway, quite lost so I need to make several simulations and see.

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,749 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel cheap (and slow) from Guatemala to Cartagena?

You could also make your way to Panama and then take a boat to Cartagena.

London, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel cheap (and slow) from Guatemala to Cartagena?

I checked most options from Central America to Colombia and the prices are crazily high!! Boat or flights, both too pricey. I do not know how to do, I'm stuck. Might try to exchange work/assistance against a ride to Colombia on a peer, it will take time I guess but I face no choice.

5. Re: Travel cheap (and slow) from Guatemala to Cartagena?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2014, 07:16