We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Chetumal to Tikal (Flores or Santa Elena)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Chetumal to Tikal (Flores or Santa Elena)

Hi,

I am trying to find out what Bus would be the best to take from Chetumal to Flores or Santa Elena. I have hear people recommend San Juan, Linea Dorada, and Fuente del Norte. Does anyone have any experience with this trip on any of these, and can recommend one over the other? Also, I could not find the website for San Juan, and for the other two, I could not find this route on listed on their site.

If you can recommend a better way (short of flying) to get from Cancun to Tikal please let me know! The plan right now is to bus from Cancun to Playa del Carmen to Chetumal, through Belize, and arrive in Flores.

Thanks!!

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Chetumal to Tikal (Flores or Santa Elena)

Whatever you do, don't take San Juan! They are notoriously bad.

2. Re: Travel from Chetumal to Tikal (Flores or Santa Elena)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Guatemala