We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Semuc Champey open on Christmas

Vancouver
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Semuc Champey open on Christmas

Our current itinerary would lead us to arrive in Lanquin on Christmas eve, and visit Semuc Champey on Christmas day. I was wondering if the park will open on Christmas, and what are chances are of finding transport there.

Thank you!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Semuc Champey open on Christmas

Great question as I am wondering the exact same thing. I know that El Retiro lodge is not leading any groups out there on Christmas but that is about it. Look forward to seeing what others say.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Semuc Champey open on Christmas

Hi guys. Of course everything shuts down on x-mas and new years day in guatemala. But all the beaches and recreational places are open because that's how most people with the family in-tow plan to enjoy the day off. Public transportation doesn't operate on a normal schedule. But you should be able to hire a taxi to go just about anywhere. Good luck.

Edited: 28 September 2013, 15:46
Panajachel...
Level Contributor
176 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Semuc Champey open on Christmas

Christmas in Guatemala is the 24th. the 25th is pretty much a normal day and one of the only days many Guatemalans get off, so Semuk Champey will be open I am sure, however, I wouldn't recommend going till 26th as it will be incredibly crowded with Guatemalans!!

4. Re: Semuc Champey open on Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2014, 05:16