We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any other surf location besides El Paredon?

Which Guatemala hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Any other surf location besides El Paredon?

I have booked us at Paredon Surf House for a week at Christmas. It looks lovely and I was super excited to go. In a tale too long to relate I am now looking for other options. None of this has any bearing at all on Paredon Surf House. None at all.

Mi Wuk Village...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any other surf location besides El Paredon?

Guat. is not a big surf location. Many folks passing through Guatemala go to El Salvador for their surfing. Shuttles run from Antigua. Go to the El Salvador forum for more info. Happy trailmix. Beware of touts with links.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any other surf location besides El Paredon?

Thanks 103billw

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any other surf location besides El Paredon?

I guess I was not very clear is there other lodging available other then the Paredon Surf House?

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
291 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any other surf location besides El Paredon?

Agree with 103 - you are in the wrong country for surfing: El Salvador, Nicaragua and Pacific Costa Rica are where you should be pointing your board. :O)

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any other surf location besides El Paredon?

If you google "hoteles in Sipacate" you should be able to get the link to other places to stay near El Paredon in Sipacate. Good luck.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any other surf location besides El Paredon?

Thanks Kyle.

SocklessJ and 103, We have an obligation that requires us to be in Guatemala so we are trying to combine surf trip with other obligations. Having been to both Nicaragua and Pacific Costa Rica we have our sights on El Salvador for next years trip.

7. Re: Any other surf location besides El Paredon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 05:19