We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flores to Tikal - Independently

Wales
Level Contributor
222 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Flores to Tikal - Independently

Is this an easy trip to make independently, is there a shuttle service type affair from flores and are you allowed to explore the national park without a guide? What are the entrance fees? Xx

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,233 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flores to Tikal - Independently

There are shuttles but really watch your back with San Juan travel - you can search this forum for warnings about them. You can hire private transport in advance or a taxi on the spot. I believe this is the latest on entrance fees:

http://www.tikalpark.com/parkreg.htm

You can explore without a guide or hire 1 on the spot. I'm not usually a guided tour sort of gal but I think so highly of guide Roxy Ortiz that I schedule my trips around her availability - not only brilliant but fun to be with.

www.tikalroxy.blogspot.com

Happy trails!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flores to Tikal - Independently

The entrance fee stated in tikalpark.com website is up to date for the park but the entrance fee for the museums is now 30Q, not 10Q as stated on the website.

I went with Roxy's tour to Tikal and she was great. Even if you don't go with her, I would strongly suggest you to go with a guide to visit the main attractions and get some background information first. Then you can wander around the park on your own. Unless you do a lot of research on your own before your visit, having a guide with you will definitely help you appreciating the ruin.

3. Re: Flores to Tikal - Independently

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2014, 05:22