We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental - Guatemala

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental - Guatemala

Hi,

I want to go to Guatemala and belize this may. I am going to fly to guatemala city and drive all the way to belize. I was wondering if there was a way to buy a car, and drop it off in belize. I know theres that possibility in many countries, especially in europe.

Thanks for your help,

Mathieu

Mentioned in this post
Guatemala
Guatemala
Central America
Guatemala City
Guatemala City
Guatemala Department, Guatemala
Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental - Guatemala

I guarantee you there is no way you can rent a car in guatemala and drop it off in Belize or any other country.

In fact some rental car companies don't let you take a car across the border even when you plan to return to guatemala. I seriously doubt you can do that anywhere in the world without having to pay import duties for the car or hefty return fees.

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
195 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental - Guatemala

Not possible at all. Forget it.

3. Re: Car rental - Guatemala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 06:20