We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Mirador

Edmonton, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
El Mirador

Does anyone know if it is possible to book the El Mirador Trek from either guatamala City or Flores only a day or two in advance. From the prices I have heard on blogs it seems much cheaper to book there.

Mentioned in this post
Flores
Flores
Peten Department, Guatemala
Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
3,044 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Mirador

From what I've read, it's possible, at least if you're in Flores. You'd most likely have to find an agency with a group that is already going and still has room for another.

Banff
Level Contributor
17 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Mirador

I'm organizing my six day five night trip online over email. My timeline is fixed so I am initiating the trip at my request. I'm leaving next week. I'm alright with the fact that I'll likely be paying the most in my group because the trip was initiated at my request. I don't need to go solo so more will likely come with. If you've got the time but no dinero, it appears the best way is to go on your own to Carmelita and negotiate. It may, however, take time depending on how many supplies, mules, guides they have on site to take you. I guess that I'm trying to say is that if you've got a strict schedule, you will pay more to be the first person on the list. If you're flexible, you could cruise in last minute to Flores or Carmelita and join an already booked trip for less. To my knowledge there is no way to book anything from GC and if you are able to, you'll just be adding another layer to the expense because they'll likely be selling the trip to another agent in Flores.

3. Re: El Mirador

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 05:17