We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itineary

Which Guatemala hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
365 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Itineary

I'm at the beginning stages of planning our trip for late December 2014. We'll be traveling over the kids (two teens) Christmas/NY break.

day 1- arrive GC early evening; night at local hotel

day 2-early flight to Tikal-stay Tikal Inn

day 3-Tikal

day 4- Tikal sunrise and flight to GC and transfer to Antigua

day 5- Antigua-walking tour of city

day 6- Antigua-hike Pacaya Volcano

day7- transfer to Lake Atitlan (this will be Thursday but also Christmas day so not sure if market is and option today?)

day 8 - lake

day 9 - lake

day 10- lake

day 11 - lake

day 12- lake

day 13 - lake

things, I'd like to cover at the lake: kayaking and/or canoe, day visiting various villages around lake, hike San Pedro volcano, horseback riding and/or rock repelling, Chici market.

day 14 - lake and back to GC (New Years Day)

day 15 - early flight home

We enjoy a mix on vacation, culture, activity, historical sites but we're not ones to sit around very much. Think I have the days split about right? Thanks appreciate any and all input!!

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,153 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itineary

Yes! You might want to add a visit to Yaxhá in addition to Tikal (from the same base) and the Panajachel Reserve and a hike up Indian Nose on the lake. In Antigua, considera Chocomuseo class.

chocomuseo.com/english/…

My photos with blog and travelogue links on the main page of each collection are below in case you're interested - all my recommendations are embedded there. Happy trails! flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections

2. Re: Itineary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 06:18