We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guatamala/Belize - Logical Travel Path Enquiry

Ireland
Level Contributor
82 posts
363 reviews
Save Topic
Guatamala/Belize - Logical Travel Path Enquiry

Hello everyone,

My apologies in advance for this very general, and possibly very vague enquiry. I'm only in the very early stages of planning our trip to Central America (likely to be next Feb/March 2015) and realistically I think we have only time to travel through Belize and Guatamala without feeling rushed - we have roughly 2.5 weeks to do it. Is this enough time or are we cutting it a little tight?

We are a couple of guys in our early 40s. We have travelled extensively around the world but no matter where we are, we try to gain a 'unique' and 'authentic' experience while on holiday - two weeks in a resort is not for us. We are interested in seeing the following:

- Beach/Islands (literally just a couple of days)

- Cities (good food/beer/nightlife)

- Major architectural and historic sites & places of interest (UNESCO etc...)

- Jungle & Wildlife for a couple of days would be excellent

- Hiking/Walking/Watersport - getting out into nature for a couple of days

- Meeting the locals

So, if anyone can suggest a logical itinerary that can take us from Belize to Guatamala, or vice versa, and that might incorporate most of what we like to do, I would be so, so grateful.

I have been reading the various posts here but theres just so much information to process.

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guatamala/Belize - Logical Travel Path Enquiry

The beaches you can do in Belize. Jungles and wildlife you can find in Belize and the Peten in Guatemala, particularly at Tikal (major architectural site). Food and nightlife would be Antigua, which also features colonial architecture. There's few volcanoes you can hike there, as well as around Lake Atitlan, which is a nice area to mix with the locals.

2. Re: Guatamala/Belize - Logical Travel Path Enquiry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Guatemala
Recent Conversations