My apologies in advance for this very general, and possibly very vague enquiry. I'm only in the very early stages of planning our trip to Central America (likely to be next Feb/March 2015) and realistically I think we have only time to travel through Belize and Guatamala without feeling rushed - we have roughly 2.5 weeks to do it. Is this enough time or are we cutting it a little tight?
We are a couple of guys in our early 40s. We have travelled extensively around the world but no matter where we are, we try to gain a 'unique' and 'authentic' experience while on holiday - two weeks in a resort is not for us. We are interested in seeing the following:
- Beach/Islands (literally just a couple of days)
- Cities (good food/beer/nightlife)
- Major architectural and historic sites & places of interest (UNESCO etc...)
- Jungle & Wildlife for a couple of days would be excellent
- Hiking/Walking/Watersport - getting out into nature for a couple of days
- Meeting the locals
So, if anyone can suggest a logical itinerary that can take us from Belize to Guatamala, or vice versa, and that might incorporate most of what we like to do, I would be so, so grateful.
I have been reading the various posts here but theres just so much information to process.