We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying visit

london
Level Contributor
258 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Flying visit

We are doing a quick visit to Guatemala before heading onto Belize which is our main destination. I know there is so much we will miss out on after reading the forums but just means we will have to come back one day.

At the moment we 5 nights and 4/5 days to play with. I am thinking:

- 2 days in Antigua (1 day seeing the city and possibly 1 day doing a volcano hike or mountain biking?)

- Fly up to Flores early on the 3rd day and head straight to Tikal for sunset and stay nearby to do sunrise the next day before heading back to Flores late on the 4th day.

- On the 5th day depart from Flores to Belize...

Does that make any sense whatsoever and worth doing?

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
12,446 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying visit

You'd be missing my favorite bit - Lake Atitlan - but that's as good an excuse to return as you could ask for, I guess. You could add a day somewhere else by heading to Belize by mid afternoon on the 4th day instead of spending another night in Flores (which is a bit further from Belize anyway).

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,962 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying visit

It makes sense, and gives you reason to get back to Guate some day to go to the lake. If you can swing it, you might consider going to Yaxha on the fourth day and leave from there for Belize on the 5th.

3. Re: Flying visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 06:15