We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thoughts on my travel plans

Perth
10 posts
Save Topic
Thoughts on my travel plans

Hi there,

My partner has just sprung on me that he would like to take a side trip to Guatemala for a few days. I don't know much about the area but this is what I have come up with:

Arrive in Guatemala 9:30pm drive straight to Antigua. Stay 3 nights at Casa Florencia Hotel. Drive to Panajachel/Lake Atitlan. Spend 2 days staying at Posada De Los Volcanos. Drive back to Guatemala City and fly to Flores, stay somewhere there for two nights, spend a day at Tikal, then fly to Cancun.

Thoughts on my hotel choices would be appreciated, and also a hotel in Flores. Also, how long would it take to drive from Panajachel to Flores. And, how do I go about booking these hotels?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Guatemala
Guatemala
Central America
Antigua
Antigua
Sacatepequez Department, Guatemala
Casa Florencia Hotel
Casa Florencia Hotel
423 Reviews
Antigua, Guatemala
Panajachel
Panajachel
Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
Guatemala City
Guatemala City
Guatemala Department, Guatemala
Tikal National Park
Tikal National Park
Peten Department, Guatemala
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Flores
Flores
La Fortuna at Atitlan
La Fortuna at Atitlan
#1 of 5 hotels in Santa Cruz La Laguna
San Rafael Hotel
San Rafael Hotel
#1 of 76 hotels in Antigua
Las Lagunas Boutique Hotel
Las Lagunas Boutique Hotel
#1 of 16 hotels in Flores
Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thoughts on my travel plans

Hello there: Are you thinking about picking up a rental car at the airport. If not go to www.turansa.com or www.graylineguatemala.com for shuttle service and rates. From Panajachel to guatemala city its about 102 kms/62 miles on a good paved road. For hotels in flores go to www.corpetur.com They have some beautiful lake view hotels. There is all kinds of transportation from flores to tikal. For hotels in atitlan/panajachel go to www.panajachel.com. Have a nice trip.

Mentioned in this post
Panajachel
Panajachel
Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
Perth
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thoughts on my travel plans

Thanks heaps for that. I think I have decide on Hotel Casazul when at Flores. Do you know this hotel? Also, do you know what the weather will be like at the end of November?

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Casazul
Hotel Casazul
207 Reviews
Flores, Guatemala
Flores
Flores
Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thoughts on my travel plans

Hi Tashi: Matter of fact Hotel Casa Azul is one of the hotels you can check out on that webpage I gave you. I've never stayed there but I am planning on staying on one of those hotels next month. Weather wise from Oct thru March it gets kind of chilly up in the higlands in guatemala including guatemala city and antigua. A ligh jacket or sweater is all you need. In Peten of course its hot and humid all the time. Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Casa Antigua
Hotel Casa Antigua
454 Reviews
Antigua, Guatemala
Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thoughts on my travel plans

Looks good.

For Flores.. i have stayed at Hotel Villas de Maya.... great place.

http://www.villasdeguatemala.com/ you can book directly with them.

They also run the Hotel Maya International....

either one should be fine...

5. Re: Thoughts on my travel plans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 22:19