We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Tikal from guatemala City

fort valley
1 post
Save Topic
Day trip to Tikal from guatemala City

Does anyone have any recommendations for taking a group up to Tikal for the day from Guatemala City.I know there are some companies that do it.

paris
Level Contributor
82 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Tikal from guatemala City

You may do it by yourself.Buy tica air 6.30 am flight to flores.($210 RD trip).Take a shuttle to tikal $10.

Hookup with a 9.00am tour .Take 2.00pm shuttle for the 4.00 pm flight back.ITs easy

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Tikal from guatemala City

Hi there. I've never heard of Tica Air. As far as I know TAG and TACA are the only two airlines that fly that route and they both have pretty much the same air fare. They leave at 6AM. And yes, there is a 4PM flight back to guatemala city. But of course to really appreciate Tikal it takes about two days. So, with only a few hours you'll be missing a lot. And like Chenbaaxal says there are several museums in gutemala city that are worth visiting. The Ixchel museum of the guatemala indigenous textiles is one of them. Have a nice trip.

3. Re: Day trip to Tikal from guatemala City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 19:17