We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TACA airlines vs. headman atlas - Guatemala city to Roatan

San Francisco
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
TACA airlines vs. headman atlas - Guatemala city to Roatan

My fiancé and I are looking at either flying from Guatemala City to Roatan OR taking the bus from GC to le ceiba. Obviously, the flights are MUCH faster; however, I've heard horror stories about Taca. Our other option is to hire a driver (which would cost about the same as the flights).

Our biggest concern is that b/c of all of the connections – we'd miss a flight and actually end up getting stranded somewhere.

Any TACA info you could provide would be great.

Thanks!

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TACA airlines vs. headman atlas - Guatemala city to Roatan

Fly to Roatan for sure.

Hedman Alas from Guatemala City to San Pedro Sula is about 7-8 hours. Then from San Pedro Sula you would have to take another bus to La Ceiba ( 3-4 hours).. then take the ferry to roatan ( 1.5 hours). Your talking about 1-2 day trip just to get to roatan. Remeber there is only 2 ferry trips to roatan a day...and they also cancel due to weather conditions..so that can throw things off... better to fly...

Best Bet is to fly. Taca is good airline... just like other airlines, sometimes they cancel flights, sometimes they have baggage issues.

TACA flies from Guatemala to San Salvador and there is a direct flight straight into Roatan on a jet. here is a flight they have on Sunday.

eparture: 07:10 Guatemala City, Guatemala - La Aurora

Arrival: 08:00 San Salvador, El Salvador - Comalapa International

Airline: Taca Intl Airlines TA963 e

Aircraft: Airbus Industrie A320-100/200

Change of plane required. Time between flights = 0:55

Flight 2 Sunday, July 13, 2008

Departure: 08:55 San Salvador, El Salvador - Comalapa International

Arrival: 09:55 Roatan, Honduras - Roatan

Airline: Taca Intl Airlines TA380 e

Aircraft: Airbus Industrie A319

Leave at 7am and arrive 10am in Roatan... cant beat that.

Not sure if that flight from San Salvador is direct every day.. it might only be on Sundays..as that plane continues on to Miami after Roatan.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

With Taca from Guatemala i think there are 3 options.

GUA to San Salvador to roatan direct -

Gua to san salvador to San Pedro Sula ( jet plane)

GUA to San Pedro Sula direct.. propeller plane ( same type that takes you to Roatan).

If TACA routes your flight from Guatemala to El Salvador and then direct to Roatan... best bet for sure

you can either take an early flight to San Pedro Sula... via San salvador airport on a jet plane.. Its a quick flight and easy transfer of gates to the plane that flies

2. Re: TACA airlines vs. headman atlas - Guatemala city to Roatan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 06:16