We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip to antigua from guat city

Wallingford...
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
day trip to antigua from guat city

how long does it take to get to antigua and is there a bus we can take? once there how many hours would you recomend we stay before heading back to the city? any points of interest really worth seeing in antigua? thank you :)

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip to antigua from guat city

The best way to get thre is to ctch a shuttle van fromt the airport. It takes about 45 minutes to get there on a four lane highway. I suggest you go to the lonely planet forum for lots of recent feedback on antigua.

Wallingford...
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip to antigua from guat city

great I'll check that out, thank you :) going to the bookstore this weekend for a couple of travel books as well. :)

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip to antigua from guat city

This webpage has lots of useful information and photos about what guatemala has to offer to the visitor www.authenticmaya.com

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
81 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip to antigua from guat city

It take approximately 45 minutes from downtown (zone 10) to Antigua at a cost of $35 each way by taxi or $10 by tourist shuttle. Here is the catch, you have to find a tourist shuttle and they stop running back to GC at around 6:30 pm. If possible, just stay in Antigua, it is much nice than GC.

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: day trip to antigua from guat city

You don't necessarily have to go to the airport. Try STA; they're very reliable. http://www.transportguatemala.com/sta.htm

Wilmington,De
Level Contributor
265 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: day trip to antigua from guat city

Getting to Antigua by car/taxi should talk less than 1 hour HOWEVER you need to think about traffic ..

Late afternoon means heavy traffic and maybe makes the trip 2 plus hours ..When I have travelled and have to get back to the airport from Antigua ,I try to book my flights on Sat or Sun morn...During the week this 45 minute drive again could be over 2 hours because of "going to work" crowd as well as construction delays.

hot springs
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: day trip to antigua from guat city

check out my blog about our trip to Guatemala in August 2009. We spent a day in Antigua as well.

www.dougwestgate.wordpress.com

8. Re: day trip to antigua from guat city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2010, 07:17