We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Guatemala City?

NY, NY
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in Guatemala City?

While everyone bashes GC I'm up for giving it a try. Any must see or do or eat things here (in 24 hours?)

Thanks!

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,962 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Guatemala City?

There's the museums in zone 10 and the market behind the cathedral in Zone 1.

Maryland, USA
Level Contributor
207 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Guatemala City?

To me, the number one museum in Zone 10 is the National Archaeology Museum, but if you are into Guatemalan textiles, you might add in the Museo Ixchel, which, if you are staying in Zone 10, will be more or less on your way to the market at Zone 1.

For me, no trip to Guatemala is complete without a meal at Casa Chapina in Zone 10, usually almost at the end.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Guatemala City?

There will 3 of us Women there in April. We are staying at the Barcelo. Where should we eat dinner? How about shopping?

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in Guatemala City?

You'll be in the zona viva with lots of good restaurants and malls around . Take a look authenticmaya.com/guatemala_city_gallery.htm

For local cuisine Casa Chapina is a good place to eat. On my next trip I also plan to try a basque restaurant that Mayaphile has recommended here in the past. There are also several authentic argentinean steak houses.The central market, dowtown, right behind the cathedral is perfectly safe for shopping for souvenirs during the day. Good luck.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in Guatemala City?

Thank you so much. This isn't a very active forum so not sure if some of the restaurants mentioned previously are still there.

6. Re: What to do in Guatemala City?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2010, 07:17