We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainy Season

memphis
Level Contributor
386 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rainy Season

Hi, Is the first week of May cutting it close as far as the rainy season is concerned?

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainy Season

You'd probably be OK. I prefer rainy season. In April and May, things tend to be very dusty and brown.

USA
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainy Season

The warnings about not going during the rainy season are pretty much out of date. They came about at a time of bad roads. Rain meant some places were closed. But now a lot more roads are paved and the main roads have drainage that keeps washouts minimal. It's a warm rain so you can get about. Locals call it the green season since so much is in bloom.

memphis
Level Contributor
386 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainy Season

are there many tourists there in May? I really don't want any of my tours cancelled lol

USA
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainy Season

Plenty of people in May. Don't know what tours you are talking about There are always guides at Tikal for hire. You will see Japanese tour buses. Elizabeth Bell does her walking tours of Antigua. There is a half day tour to the Macademia nut farms. Which do you mean?

memphis
Level Contributor
386 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainy Season

Tnanks Bob....Antigua, Chichicastenago & Lake Atitlan, Solola market, and Copan.

6. Re: Rainy Season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 September 2010, 17:00
memphis
Level Contributor
386 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Rainy Season

Out of necessity I will be based in Guatemala City at the Barcelo. How can I arrange these shuttles from there? Thanks!

8. Re: Rainy Season

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

9. Re: Rainy Season

LOS ANGELES
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Rainy Season

If your description of the Barcelo is accurate, it sounds exactly like what I'm looking for.