We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belize to Tikal

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Belize to Tikal

I am coming to Belize-City at 11 a.m. Is there any chance to get to Tikal the same day? What are my options?

Thanks

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,148 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belize to Tikal

You could fly from BZE to FRS and shuttle (~1 hour) to Tikal. Or you could travel by land; it's about 5 hours by road and a private shuttle would be your most expedient (though not cheapest!) way to get there. I wouldn't choose to be on that road after dark and it gets dark around 6pm in that neck of the woods, so you won't want to waste any time. Most of us would choose to travel as far as the San Ignacio district, spend the night there, and cross the border in the morning. Good luck!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Belize to Tikal

Thank you very much for your reply.

How to get that shuttle and how much approximately does it cost?

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,148 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belize to Tikal

Here are a couple of emails of good shuttle drivers (not positive they cross into Guatemala, though) and websites of 2 tour companies that base in San Ignacio and provide tours to Tikal. You could also search and ask on the Belize Forum - lots of locals and expats post there. Keep me posted!

William Hofma - belize1122000@yahoo.com

Raul Marchand - galmar_48@yahoo.com

www.mayawalk.com

www.pacztours.com

www.belizeforum.com

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Belize to Tikal

Thanks a million.

5. Re: Belize to Tikal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2011, 05:17