We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report--June 2 - 7

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
102 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report--June 2 - 7

Had a very nice flight into Guatemala City from DFW. No problems.

Day 1: City tour with LiveGuate. Loved the relief map and botanical gardens! Got lots of history of the area and also visited the cathedral near and square as well as the royal palace. Lovely architecture!

Day 2: Overnight trip to Livingston and Playa Blanca, again with LiveGuate. Driving is scary with the narrow, winding roads and the trucks/buses. We stayed in the Hotel Gil Resort in Livingston after taking the boat down Rio Dulce. What a lovely trip across the water! The hotel has wonderful views of the water from several patios, and the staff is very helpful. The rooms . . . not so much. No hot water in the shower. The lights in the room are too dim to read by.

Day 3: Visited Playa Blanca. The beach is small, but a small entrance fee gets beach chairs and a table. Great place to sit under the palm trees, play in the surf, and have a great picnic! After the beach, we stopped by Siete Altares and enjoyed a hike there. Very beautiful scenery.

Day 4 and 5: Back to Guatemala City and relaxing at the condo. Really enjoyed shopping at a local market although we stayed away from fresh fruits and vegetables.

It was a most enjoyable trip! LiveGuate was very helpful, and the tours were well done!

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,709 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report--June 2 - 7

Interesting choices - thanks for posting!

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report--June 2 - 7

Great. Glad you had an enjoyable trip..

Alabama
Level Contributor
758 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report--June 2 - 7

I'm going to Guatemala City Thursday for visiting the dentist there. Maybe I'll do the city tour with LiveGuate while I'm there. I've never seen all the places the city has to offer. Thanks for posting the trip report!

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
450 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report--June 2 - 7

Hey, good for you. Time in the capital in in beautiful Izabal.

One of the greatest things about Guatemala is the diversity--of people, ecosystems, climate...incredible lakes, Pacific and Atlantic oceans, deserts, mountains, jungle...all in a relatively small space.

5. Re: Trip Report--June 2 - 7

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 18:20