We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safest tour company to go to Atilan?

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 posts
Save Topic
Safest tour company to go to Atilan?

Does anyone have a suggestion on the most reliable and safest tour group to take us to Atilan? Does anyone know anything about Elizabeth Bell at Antigua Tours?

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,992 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safest tour company to go to Atilan?

Try a search on this forum for more info on Elizabeth Bell. I've had great luck with these 2 agencies for transportation services:

www.adrenalinatours.com

www.rainbowtravelcenter.com

If you're interested in easy bike tours or cooking classes in Antigua, check out:

http://www.donquijotecruisers.com/

My photos and trip links are below in case you're interested. Happy trails!

flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections/

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Safest tour company to go to Atilan?

Great! Thanks for the reply to both posts. It's very helpful. We'll be in Antigua mostly but do want to back to Atilan. My mother is traveling with us and this will be her first trip to Guatemala as well as the first trip back for our Guatemalan daughter, now 61/2.

We had planned to stay that last night in the city to be closer to the airport on the way out of town. Any thoughts there? We're visiting the family that took care of our daughter before we adopted her and they're in the city. We are all aware of the dangers there so we wont be running around...they may even come and see us in Antigua instead.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,992 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safest tour company to go to Atilan?

We stayed near the airport in Guatemala City twice last year before early flights and can HIGHLY recommend Villa Toscana:

http://hostalvillatoscana.com/

It's just a couple of minutes from the airport in a gated community, earns fabulous reviews on Trip Advisor, and is a great value. They provide breakfast and free shuttles to the airport. If you contact the owner, Azucena, tell her Stacey says hi. :-)

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safest tour company to go to Atilan?

I always spend the last night in GC, so I don't have to worry about traffic or other road problems.

5. Re: Safest tour company to go to Atilan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 19:15