We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight bus from Antigua to Lanquin (visit Semuc Champey)?

C C
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Overnight bus from Antigua to Lanquin (visit Semuc Champey)?

I have been researching for any overnight bus/shuttle travelling from Antigua to Lanquin to visit Semuc Champey. So far I understand it's a 6-8hr bus ride however I would be interested to know where I can find out some schedules and whether there are any overnight buses to take? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,232 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight bus from Antigua to Lanquin (visit Semuc Champey)?

I can't help with schedules (sorry) but I've never heard of overnight shuttles there, only on the GC > Flores run. If you don't get what you're looking for here, try a search on the Thorntree Forum:

www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/forum.jspa…

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight bus from Antigua to Lanquin (visit Semuc Champey)?

I was reading in a 2012 guidebook that Zephyr Lodge was thinking about or about to start offering a shuttle / minibus service between Antigua and Lanquin. Has anyone heard of this happening?

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight bus from Antigua to Lanquin (visit Semuc Champey)?

. Hopefulist is right. As far as I know, the only overnight bus service in the country is between guatemala city and Flores/Santa Elena. There is shuttle service between Coban and Antigua. And you can find informtion on this site www.cobanav.net Transportes Monja Blanca has excellent hourly service from GC to Coban with a lunch stop for the five hour ride. But their website is down.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
58 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight bus from Antigua to Lanquin (visit Semuc Champey)?

No overnight trips. We did an 8 am shuttle from Antigua, spent an hour driving around picking people up, picked someone up in GC, had to change shuttles in Coban for tire issues, and got to lanquin around 8 pm. It was all worth it!!! Highly recommend the 8 am shuttle. The caves and waterfall are unique experiences. Staying at utopia resort was a highlight of our trip.

C C
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight bus from Antigua to Lanquin (visit Semuc Champey)?

Which shuttle bus did you take?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
58 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overnight bus from Antigua to Lanquin (visit Semuc Champey)?

Atitrans was the only one we could find that did 8 am. They have an office in Antigua. We walked in and booked for the next day. From semuc we took a shuttle to the Tikal area. Not sure where you plan to go after but that was also very do-able.

7. Re: Overnight bus from Antigua to Lanquin (visit Semuc Champey)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 06:16