We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guatemala driver recommendations

ohio
Level Contributor
39 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Guatemala driver recommendations

We will go from gua to pacaya then stay night close perhaps Santa teresita. Then return to gua to go to tikal. After tikal we will go to antigua.

Does anyone have a recommendation for

A driver

A place to stay close to pacaya

Selecting a hike guide for pacaya

Any suggestions are helpful.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guatemala driver recommendations

Your hotel should be able to set you up with a cab driver they can recommend. You can hire one of the many authorized guides at the entrance to the park where you can also rent a horse for the hike if you feel you're not in physical shape. The entrance to the park and the Santa Teresita geothermal baths are not too far from guatemala city off of a busy four-lane highway. I'd say 30/40 minutes at the most.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
12,974 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guatemala driver recommendations

Here are 2 transportation providers I’ve been pleased with in Guatemala for share shuttles, private transfers, and flight arrangements:

Adrenalina Tours: www.adrenalinatours.com

Rainbow Travel: www.rainbowtravelcenter.com

Mentioned in this post
Guatemala
Guatemala
Central America
ohio
Level Contributor
39 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guatemala driver recommendations

Thank you!.

Panajachel...
Level Contributor
176 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guatemala driver recommendations

A great driver, who speaks fluent English and runs his own company after working for Viaventure for many years is Alfredo Garci: alf.transport@yahoo.com. We highly recommend him.

Think your best bet really is to stay in Antigua! Have fun....just wear strong shoes that won't melt!!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guatemala driver recommendations

Based on the above recommendation, I hired Alfredo Garcia for a week, where he transported me between Guatemala City, Antigua, and Lake Atitlan. His services were impeccable -- professional, prompt, with concern for safety, perfect English, and a very comfortable vehicle. Most importantly, Alfredo is a lovely and knowledgeable person who is much more than a driver -- he is also a window to understanding the culture, history, politics, and religion of this complex and rewarding country. Highly recommended.

The email address as stated above is correct at alf.transport@yahoo.com.

Panajachel...
Level Contributor
176 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guatemala driver recommendations

I'm so glad you had a good time with Alfredo, he is great!! And thanks for recommending him personally too. I will let him know!!

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
762 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Guatemala driver recommendations

Mediterranean...would you please give me some more details such as approx. prices and number of people transported? We plan to visit those same destinations and don't want to rent a car.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Guatemala driver recommendations

I think it's best if Alfredo provides you the pricing directly, but when I did a price comparison, his rates were reflective of the market, the only difference being that Alfredo doesn't just take you from Point A to Point B. Once he knows your interests he'll make little side stops for you, which make all of the difference in the world.

You're right not to rent a car, you'd be crazy to do it. My practice is never to rent one as it is more expensive and definitely more stressful.

I was the only one that Alfredo transported, so I am uncertain if his rates change based on the number of passengers.

For sure you should just reach out to him, as he checks his emails on his phone and will respond immediately.

You will thank me and Chuck a million times, you'll see... :-)

franklin, Pa
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Guatemala driver recommendations

I just wanted to add that we recently arranged a Guatamala vacation with stays in Antigua, Lake Atitlan and Tikal. Our local local drivers and transfers were arranged by Viaventures and all drivers were excellent. They were obviously trained and selected, courteous and helpful, and, most importantly, careful drivers. We had several pickups (airport, hotels, etc) and all were waiting for us when we arrived and provided safe transportation in clean vehicles. Some of our transfers involved tours and the drivers functioned as excellent English-speaking guides. I would recommend them for local arrangements in Guatamala.

pkk
San Antonio tx
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Guatemala driver recommendations

Best response ever! i emailed him after reading your review. He emailed back in 15 minutes, set up all the transportation for the trip!

Airport to Pana, Pana to Antigua, Antigua to Airport.

Thank you!

His prices are in line with other another company I have used. He even had suggestions about the airport!

Thank you