We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe Overnight Parking

California
Level Contributor
92 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Safe Overnight Parking

Does anyone know if Guatemala City has any safe overnight parking garages? My friend is planning on driving from Chinautla to Guatemala City. Her car is an old clunker and will not make the long trip to Tikal, and since I'm renting a car during my stay there, we're going in the car rental. She doesn't want for me to drive all the way to her house to pick her up so she would like to drive to the city, leave the car parked somewhere safe and ride with me to Tikal.

The thing is that we don't know where she could leave her car, if at all, without fearing it's gonna get ticketed, towed away, or worst yet, stolen or vandalized.

Thanks.

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,872 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe Overnight Parking

I imagine there must be some, but I don't know. I would guess, however, that for the cost of parking a car over a number of days, she could take a cab into GC and back to Chinautla (or you could drop her off?) when you get back to GC.

California
Level Contributor
92 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe Overnight Parking

My initial plan was to pick her up and drive to Tikal, but she suggested to drive to where I'm staying and ride with me to Tikal. Well, it's her father, her husband and her two daughters, including herself. Her suggestion was a good one, but I think I'm gonna stick with mine.

I'll drive to her house, and drive down to Guatemala City and head to Tikal. After all, I'm on vacation and I'm not in any kind of hurry.

3. Re: Safe Overnight Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 06:17