We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sail Atitlan

San Diego...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Sail Atitlan

Has anyone used "Sail Atitlan" http://www.sailatitlan.com/indexeng.html I like sailing and Ignacio said we could go to some of the villages during our full day sail. Just looking for reviews / opinions etc. Thanks.

Lake Atitlan
Destination Expert
for Lake Atitlan
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sail Atitlan

I do not know Ignacio personally and have not used his service. I did chat with him this morning, and he seems like he would be reliable. This is a new service to Lake Atitlan, and you may have to be the first on Tripadvisor to give it a go.

Let us know how it works out. Lee

Mentioned in this post
Lake Atitlan
Lake Atitlan
652 Reviews
Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
3,044 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sail Atitlan

I don't think I've ever seen a sailboat on Lake Atitlan. I'd be curious to know how it it.

Mentioned in this post
Lake Atitlan
Lake Atitlan
652 Reviews
Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
San Diego...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sail Atitlan

Thanks so much for phoning Ignacio. We have booked a full day sail with him, lunch provided, and guided tours of Santiago and San Juan for $150. It is more than the $120 advertised but he is giving us an extra hour so I think it is OK. I will post a review upon my return!

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Alberta
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sail Atitlan

How was the tour?

We are headed down this august and might give a call if you had an enjoyable time!

Guatemala City...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Sail Atitlan

Unfortunately, Ignacio no longer has his sailboat but we did stay at his lovely home and he prepared several delicious Mediterranean style means for us. I strongly recommend his services.

boston,ma.
Level Contributor
566 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sail Atitlan

That's too bad. What a beautiful lake to sail on.

7. Re: Sail Atitlan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2012, 10:17