We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sipacate Beach in Guatemala

Gold Hill, North...
7 posts
Save Topic
Sipacate Beach in Guatemala

Does somebody Know about one hotel in Sipacate that looks like is the only one that looks really good. I know that the beach at Sipacate is really beautiful and I'd like to know if it is safe to get there and if is it a clean, nice hotel.

Thank you

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sipacate Beach in Guatemala

To have an idea of what Sipacate looks like I suggest you check out a bunch of videos on youtube. I don't think you can expect a nice beach there.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sipacate Beach in Guatemala

Take a look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8ChmzktdCU

FYI all the beachs on the pacific side are black sand because of a high content of iron. Thus, they get hot like hell when the sun is shining.

Panajachel...
Level Contributor
735 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sipacate Beach in Guatemala

The beach is nice but the hotel, although nicely situated, is marginal. Great dining room htough.

El Remate, Guatemala
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Sipacate Beach in Guatemala

The beaches on the pacific are actually black due to the surrounding volcanoes. They can get hot, yes, but there is much to appreciate there.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sipacate Beach in Guatemala

Hey Katie, apparently you havent been reading your local newspapers in the last few years. Being close to so many volcanoes could have a geological effect on the beaches. And that could be the reason why that black sand has a high content of iron. That's why there's been several companies interested in mining the black sand for export to china for the production of steel. But guatemalans are opposed to even though that could create jobs. You can find the same type of black sand in Australia and a few other parts of this planet.

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sipacate Beach in Guatemala

Depending on what you are looking for, El Paredon Surf House, is a beautiful little spot. There is a main house with small beds, with shared bathrooms. There are also private oceanfront palapas (shared bathroom as well) and two (maybe three now) private suites with private baths and really beautiful open-air showers (and private)! I stayed two nights, relaxed, read, took surfing lessons, boogie boarded, ate delicious fresh meals, drank amazing cocktails. Not a big hotel- but very beautiful and relaxing. I could have easily stayed a week there, and hope to do so in the future!

7. Re: Sipacate Beach in Guatemala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 February 2014, 00:05
8. Re: Sipacate Beach in Guatemala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Panajachel