We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time it takes to get from Antigua to Pana & Pana to GuaCity

Which Panajachel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra
Level Contributor
128 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Time it takes to get from Antigua to Pana & Pana to GuaCity

Sure this has been asked before but trying to find out how long it will take on a shared shuttle to get from Antigua to Panajachel and Panajachel to Guatemala City. I'm staying in GuaCity for a night so dont have to stress about making my flight but just like to plan accordingly.

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time it takes to get from Antigua to Pana & Pana to GuaCity

Antigua to Pana is 2.5 to 3 hours. Pana to GC is about five hours, since those shuttles make a stop in Antigua.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,148 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time it takes to get from Antigua to Pana & Pana to GuaCity

Yeah, what he says, even though the shuttle companies may tell you less. A few times the Antigua to Pana runs have taken longer than 3 hours if you get on early and spend half an hour stopping all over Antigua to pick up other riders or there's construction on the Pan Am on the way up.

Canberra
Level Contributor
128 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time it takes to get from Antigua to Pana & Pana to GuaCity

Thanks. Will catch an early bus to Panajachel to make sure I get time to see the village day 1. I'm guessing you don't get a break at Antigua so might think about midday rather than 4pm shuttle

Edited: 13 January 2014, 18:14
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
222 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time it takes to get from Antigua to Pana & Pana to GuaCity

Consider taking a Rebuli bus direct from Pana to Guatemala City instead of a share shuttle.

More info here: http://rebuli.com.gt/servicios.htm

And on this thread (although the person was going the other way). www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa…

You would have to get a taxi to your hotel from either of the Rebuli terminals (near the cloverleaf interchange in Zone 13, or at the Rebuli office in Zone 1) but it would be much faster--and much cheaper.

5. Re: Time it takes to get from Antigua to Pana & Pana to GuaCity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Panajachel