We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Posada Don Carlos is a rip off...

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
7 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Posada Don Carlos is a rip off...

Posada Don Carlos is a rip off....literally. I have stayed there twice and things got stolen out of my computer bag which means that he had to unlock my door and go thru my belongings.

I forgot 2 other items and asked a friend to please pick them up. Don Carlos refused to give them to my friend who also called me and Don Carlos refused to talk to me. Like any thief, he is very friendly but twice stole things from my room and other things refused to give back.

Another friend wrote me this;

Raadar Mudflap 3:43pm Mar 8

I read your review of Posada Don Carlos. I had two friends who spent their first night in Pana there, They went out that night to party, and when they returned both their back backs were gone. I thought I wrote and warned you about that place while you were in Antigua. Your loss could have been worse.

So unless you are willing to lose stuff, stay away from there.

1. Re: Posada Don Carlos is a rip off...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 04:20
Get answers to your questions about Panajachel