We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Surrey
Level Contributor
48 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle to Antingua

Hi

Does anyone know of a shuttle service that runs from Puerto Barrios to Antigua that I could book in advance?

Many Thanks

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle to Antingua

Hi there, There is no shuttle service that I know of. Keep in minds it's a five hour trip. But Litegua www.litegua.com/litegua/horarios.php… its your best choice. This is the schedule to Guatemala, that being Guatemala city, from Puerto Barrios. They have excellent and safe deluxe or first class service to their own terminal downtown in zone 1. From there you could take cab to Antigua for about 25/30US or to the airport for about $5 and from there before 8PM you could catch a shuttle van to Antigua for about $10. You shouldn't have to make advance reservations with Litegua. Good luck.

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,872 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle to Antingua

I was also going to recommend Litegua. When I did this from Antigua a few years ago, there were travel agencies offering a package -- shuttle to the station, plus the ticket -- for $15.

3. Re: Shuttle to Antingua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2010, 06:17