We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jungle Trek into Tikal

san francisco
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Jungle Trek into Tikal

Looking for suggestions on tour guides to take us on a 3 day/ 2 night jungle trek to the Tikal ruins.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Tikal Inn
Hotel Tikal Inn
918 Reviews
Tikal National Park, Guatemala
Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jungle Trek into Tikal

I'm not sure exactly what you mean because the road from Flores to Tikal its paved all the way. YOu can catch all kinds of shuttle vans to Tikal. A real challenge would be a 3/4 day hike to El Mirador archeological site. For information on that go to www.mostlymaya.com. Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Tikal Inn
Hotel Tikal Inn
918 Reviews
Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jungle Trek into Tikal

This is the link from www.mostlymaya.com

globalheritagefund.org//where/mirador/progre…

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
74 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jungle Trek into Tikal

Hi,

We've booked a 3 day, 2 night trip that is supposed to happen 8/25-8/27, through rainbowtravelcenter.com, in Antigua. This agency got good ratings on this and other sites, and I liked the fact that they have us on a 5:30 PM flight up to Flores - instead of the usual crack of dawn. Yes, one gets fewer hours overall this way,but the trade-off is, we'll be awake and conscious during those hours. Send me an email if you're interested & I can give you particulars.

Trip includes air fare, transfers, one breakfast, one lunch, one Tikal tour w/English speaking guide, 2 hotel nights. We stipulated that we needed to stay in the Camino Real - a/c, and quiet too, according to reports. Husb. can't take the heat at night.

I also priced this trip with Elizabeth Bell of Antigua Tours and she was a little more pricey, but not significantly so. She didn't have the afternoon departure available.

Don't know when you are planning to go, but I will post a report when we return. We leave August 19.

Good luck1

Mentioned in this post
Antigua
Antigua
Sacatepequez Department, Guatemala
Hotel Tikal Inn
Hotel Tikal Inn
918 Reviews
Maryland, USA
Level Contributor
207 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jungle Trek into Tikal

Getting to Tikal is not usually a trek, but you could probably do it as such. Just hike along the highway all the way to the site. It cries out for bicycles, but you could do it on foot.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Tikal Inn
Hotel Tikal Inn
918 Reviews
5. Re: Jungle Trek into Tikal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2010, 05:18