We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Tikal to Belize

California
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bus from Tikal to Belize

What is the easiest way to travel by bus to Belize? Will the buses continue across the border, or do I get a Belize bus after the border to get to San Ignacio and beyond? Are there schedules I should know about, or just check with travel agencies in Flores? Where is it most convenient to start from? Tikal, Flores or El Remante? I was thinking of staying at Casa de Don David in El Remante. Will they be able to help me out with this and tours (hike in forest, other ruins) in the area? Or is Flores better to stay in for this extra help?

Coventry, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Tikal to Belize

Firstly, Don David's is fantastic - we were there in January. They will be able to arrange all your transport if you need them to. I have rarely met such helpful people! The buses to Belize run from Flores / Santa Elena but will pick up at El Cruce which is the main road junction about 20 minutes walk from Don Davids. Alternatively, Don Davids will arrange a ride into Flores. The buses run direct to Belize City with just a stop at the border. We used the service in the other direction with a direct bus from Chetumal to Flores via Belize City. The only advantage in going to Flores is that there is more choice of agents but they are all selling tickets on the same bus services.

Tikal
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Tikal to Belize

The same shuttle bus from Flores or El Remate, also leaves from Tikal, daily at 7:30 a.m. Bear in mind the price from Tikal is a little higher than from Flores or El Remate. The journey time is the same, 5 hours, all the way to Belize city, leaving you at the municipal quay where you catch the water taxi to Caye Caulker or San Pedro Amberguis Caye.

3. Re: Bus from Tikal to Belize

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Tikal National Park