We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATMs in Guatemala

London, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
326 reviews
Save Topic
ATMs in Guatemala

Hi

A friend and myself are travelling in Belize and then Guatemala in April this year. We are visitng Tikal, staying in the park and Antigua. Could you advise how easy is it to use ATMs, and whether it is better to just being US Dollars with us?. We are based in the UK

Many thanks

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATMs in Guatemala

As far as I know, there are still no ATMs at Tikal. There are one or two in Flores. Most banks won't change foreign currencies other than dollars.

London, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATMs in Guatemala

Hi

Thanks. Are US Dollars the best currency to use in Guatemala, or is it preferable to use the local currency?

Alabama
Level Contributor
758 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATMs in Guatemala

No matter where you are in the world, it's always best to use the local currency. Quetzales are what you will want to use in Guatemala.

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATMs in Guatemala

I always change my dollars to quetzales. You get better prices than if you pay in dollars.

5. Re: ATMs in Guatemala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 15:17
Get answers to your questions about Tikal National Park