We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I have an opportunity to go for the day.....

Millom, United...
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
I have an opportunity to go for the day.....

Hi, I work on a Cruise ship and I have the opportunity to go to Tikal for the day but as an 90 minute flight is involved it is pretty expensive ( it will cost a weeks salary) and I think we will actually only be there for about 3/4 hours.

Having been to Chichen Itza and Tulum, I don't know whether to go or not...any advise is welcome.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I have an opportunity to go for the day.....

Of course Tikal is pretty impressive and definitely worth it. But for a whole lot less you could also visit Quirigua an archeological site about an hour by car from Santo Tomas.

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I have an opportunity to go for the day.....

You should visit Tikal at some time, when you have the chance. You might look into making separate arrangments, rather than through your ship; you may find a better price.

3. Re: I have an opportunity to go for the day.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Tikal National Park