We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canopy Accident in Roatan..

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Canopy Accident in Roatan..

A tourist lost her life from a fall on a canopy tour. So sorry to hear this news.. if anyone knows where it happened please post.

laprensa.hn/index.php/ediciones/2008/03/19/e…

Montego bay
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Canopy Accident in Roatan..

How did this happen. I thought they are supposed to be harnessed and securely attached to the cable

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canopy Accident in Roatan..

laprensa.hn/index.php/ediciones/2008/03/20/t…

here is an updated article... but doesnt say where it happened. Article says that apparently the harness broke....

If anyone can share more information... condolenses to the family.

Ontario
Level Contributor
751 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canopy Accident in Roatan..

Hi there, I already posted on this topic but here is a more up to date article. It happen the day before we got to Roatan and we had plans to go to the park.

www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2469

We heard a different story while we were at Henry Morgan but you know how that goes.

Texas
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Canopy Accident in Roatan..

I was a few platforms ahead of her and her son, so i had no idea what had happened, and to whom it had happened to... until i was told by the family. She came to a stop in the middle, so a guide went out to help her, when the lines snapped, sending them both down. The guide was in critical condition, but she was in far worse. The fall was 50+ feet, with rocks at the bottom...thats all i will say on the subject.

Barbie passed on March 19, 2008

God Bless

5. Re: Canopy Accident in Roatan..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 13:15