We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who can help me with my flight from Honduras to Lima?

Amsterdam
4 posts
Save Topic
Who can help me with my flight from Honduras to Lima?

Hello,

I live in Amsterdam and I'm flying to Mexico City in July, for some traveling and Spanish lessons, after a month I meet a friend in Honduras and we will go diving(my first time, exciting!). I already booked a ticket for the flight to Mexico City. But in September I will fly from Honduras (or somewhere around there) to Lima to do volunteer work in Bolivia for 2 months (I will interview kids to improve educational software and teach Adobe Flash). After that I could travel for three more months if I feel like it.

Question: I doubt when to buy the ticket from Honduras to Lima. The foundation is expecting me so I need be sure about it, but I do not want to pay too much.

Someone with a lot Peru/Bolivia experience told me it's much cheaper to buy a ticket over there. And she said it's no problem to book it two months in advance. If that's true, I will buy it the first week I arrive in Mexico City. If not, I will buy it in advance from the Netherlands.

What are your experiences with buying tickets from Middle to South America? (In my situation Around 2 months or shorter in advance) and what are the prices over there? Here they are around 400.

Thanx!

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who can help me with my flight from Honduras to Lima?

If you go on www.taca.com you can access the rates and schedule.

Taca can fly you from San pedro Sula to Lima, Peru through ( El Salvador).Im showing the rates being around $866.00

its best to buy the tickets early.... the taca website shows you all the rates with different options/dates to help you pick a good deal.

Other options are:

Your second option is Copa Airlines www.copaair.com (pretty sure they go to Lima.. but i didnt check)

Could also fly American from SAP to LIMA

2. Re: Who can help me with my flight from Honduras to Lima?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2010, 06:20