We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi rate from bus station to ferry in La Ceiba

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Taxi rate from bus station to ferry in La Ceiba

I was wondering what I should expect to pay for a taxi from the Hedman Alas bus terminal to the Utila Princess ferry in La Ceiba? Any other tips/suggestions on catching a cab? Thanks!

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,890 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi rate from bus station to ferry in La Ceiba

There'll be taxi's at the bus terminal. Only takes about 10 mins to the ferry, expect to pay about $5 per person, $7ish if you're solo.

Riedenburg
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi rate from bus station to ferry in La Ceiba

Hi,

are there taxi companies which are reliable and fair priced? Or do I just have to check the person itself?

I will need a taxi from La Ceiba airport to La Ceiba to catch the ferry and it shouldn´t take longer than 15 min. or?

cheers

verena

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,890 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi rate from bus station to ferry in La Ceiba

it depends on traffic (7-9am slow) (4-6pm slow) but 10-20 mins is the norm. the taxi drivers at the airport are legitimate. expect to pay $10-15

4. Re: Taxi rate from bus station to ferry in La Ceiba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 07:40