We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Tegucigalpa to Leon

1 post
Save Topic
Getting from Tegucigalpa to Leon

We are doing a whistle stop tour of Central America in September, time will be tight so trying to figure out how we'll get from A to B in advance. We have just booked an internal flight from La Ceiba to Tegucigalpa and want to go from there to Leon in Nicaragua, does any one know if you can get a bus there directly from Tegucigalpa? My guide book only gives instructions about how to get to Leon from Managua but it seems like we'd be going back on ourselves if we have to go there first.

Thanks!

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
10 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Tegucigalpa to Leon

Hello-

I've taken Tica Bus from Siguatepeque (between San Pedro Sula & Tegucigalpa) to Leon. I don't think we had to stop in Managua 1st as I believe we went through Chuloteca and crossed the Honduras/Nicaragua border at Guasaule. Tica Bus does have a few different routes, so I would ask before you book a ticket. http://www.ticabus.com/

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Tegucigalpa to Leon

hi spainatheart,

I think I will do the same..do you remember, how long it took from Siguatepeque to Leon?

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,258 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Tegucigalpa to Leon

As a matter of fact spaintheart is right about it, i think that would be the easies way to get to Leon but make sure that is the right route otherwise you will end up in Managua and then travel back 1.5 hours to Leon.

If you need some help in Nicaragua area let me know

Byron.

Cesena, Italy
Level Contributor
8,044 posts
1,218 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Tegucigalpa to Leon

hi guys

i have the same problem

i checked the site and noticed that tica bus goes from tegu to managua via leon

do u know if it's possible to stop directly in leon?

5. Re: Getting from Tegucigalpa to Leon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 07:17