We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling at a cheap price

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling at a cheap price

I've been traveling for almost 5 months now doing a lot of trekking. Now the time has come for snorkeling and I'm looking for a place/city where it's cheap to live and offers beautiful places to go snorkeling on your own.

As money is a concern I'm not looking for a place where you can rent some nice snorkeling trips at tourist prices as that would drain my funds too fast. Cheap means prices like Peru or in that area.

Gabriel

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,740 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling at a cheap price

go to utila, cheap hostel type accommodation is plentiful and the snorkeling from shore is great and free. if you want to learn to dive its the cheapest place in the world to get certified ($250) and during the time you're learning (3-4 days) most places will provide free accommodation.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,823 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling at a cheap price

There are budget options on Roatán, too. There's more variety there in terms of activities and easy access to beaches and shore snorkeling there, too. Utila is really a fun, inexpensive spot; if you have time, try both.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling at a cheap price

Actually I do have time to try out both. Thank you for some great answers. Honduras here I come!

4. Re: Snorkeling at a cheap price

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 15:18