We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safety

Wellingborough...
Level Contributor
134 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
safety

We are a family with a child thinking of a 2 week holiday. Would love some help. Is it a safe place to go done a bit of homework concernef its not the safe fom muggings etc. Was thinking of banaramma. Can some one help

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
5,680 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safety

What part of Honduras?

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
5,680 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: safety

I'm thinking Roatan.... so if you go to the Roatan forum and look at the upper right you will see 'personal safety' click on it.. there is tons of information there so you can decide for yourself.

St Ives, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: safety

Stayed at chillies west end . This Christmas, no problems in the area, nice beach and safe.

wix
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
810 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: safety

We've been living in Honduras for a year. Our son and his family - including two boys 10 and 12 - came down for six weeks, and had a great time.

The big cities can be dangerous. But most of the country - certainly Roatan, Utila and anywhere tourists go - are very safe. I feel more comfortable walking late at night in Copan Ruinas than I did in Victoria, B.C. Fewer drunk young men.

So come on down. Hondurans are very keen to have visitors, and really want you to like their country.

(I just blogged about this here - …blogspot.com/2013/01/murder-in-city-daily-l… )

Level Contributor
4 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: safety

We just came from Roatan and stayed at the Clarion Suites Las Piñas. The Clarion was very nice but once you are out of the resort you could feel a bit unsafe. In the French Harbor we got into a neighborhood were we felt unwelcome, people were looking at us the whole time. At some point I didn't know if to speak English or Spanish. I felt like black people did not like it as much when I spoke to them in Spanish and the mestisos (not sure if that is how to call them) did not like it if I spoke to them in English.

6. Re: safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 05:16