We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day on Roatan Island

Glen, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
One day on Roatan Island

We will be coming in on a cruise ship for just one day on Roatan... what's the best/most interesting activity for us for the day? We are not sit on the beach types.Would love a suggestion for a guide who is really good. We have only taken one other cruise and the shore excursions were huge groups who spent too much time getting organized. So little time, so much to see!! Looking forward to some suggestions. Thanks so much.

Tegucigalpa...
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One day on Roatan Island

If I could recommend something for you probably would be to go to Gumbalimba Park or do some canopy. Roatan is mainly known for Diving and Snorkeling so if you can head to West Bay and enjoy those activities you would be set

Have fun

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day on Roatan Island

I definitely suggest going to west bay beach and then going to west end and go on the glass bottom boat Www.roatanaquatours.com.

Glen, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One day on Roatan Island

Thanks!! That helps.

Glen, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: One day on Roatan Island

Did you rent your own car (if so from whom) or go with a group... we don't usually travel with the large excursions from the ship. Thanks for your help.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One day on Roatan Island

I'm from Roatan, so I don't rent a car when I visit, but you can try here http://www.coralrentacar.com/

It's the best place to rent a car on the island.

Glen, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: One day on Roatan Island

Perfect - just what I needed. Thanks!

7. Re: One day on Roatan Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2014, 04:15