We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hedman Alas Service

Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hedman Alas Service

I recently traveled with my wife from Honduras to Antigua, Guatemala using Hedman Alas. We departed 5 45 am from Tegucigalpa and arrived 9pm at Antigua. Our surprise was that when we where going to get our luggage, it was missing and no one took responsible for it. We were one day with the same close, no sweater ( Antigua is pretty cold). The worst part is that it seemed no one wanted to help us locate our luggage, after sending some one to Tegucigalpa at 5 00 am to see if it was there and emails and calls all day long to Guatemala and San Pedro Sula, we could get it back next day at 9pm. In the the seek for the luggage there where 2 bad employees that it made it worst. Salvador at Tegucigalpa who didnt put the band or sticker in our luggage and Santos at Guatemala City who didnt want to make a call to SanPedro to see if our bags where there. If you travel by Hedman , be aware of your bags!!!!!!!!

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
12,641 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hedman Alas Service

They've always been meticulous about that for me - so sorry to read this. Will double check in the future!

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
814 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hedman Alas Service

Really unfortunate, but I've been using them a lot with no problems and good customer service. Yesterday, they were able to get me on an earlier bus when I transferred at San Pedro Sula, and a staffer came on board to get my baggage claim tag to make sure the bag came on the same bus with me.

I do try to watch to see the tag is placed in the bag when I can, and will be even more vigilant now.

Bend, Oregon...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hedman Alas Service

I unfortunately have had a bad experience with Hednam too. I bought a ticket in Antigua yesterday and the guy who sold me the ticket told me they would pick me up at my hotel at 6am. 6am came and went with me waiting out front. Tried calling but no answer. Finally walked the 5 blocks to the office at 645. No one there. Finally he showed up at 915 saying that it was my fault and that I was supposed to meet at the office location. Not true! He even asked me yesterday which Euro Maya hotel I was staying at (there are 2 with that name in Antigua) and specifically said I needed to wait out front of the hotel.

So I am stuck here another day, missed my hotel reservation in Copan and to add insult to injury, he said I missed the bus so there would be no refund but he could sell me a ticket for tomorrow at half price.

So frustrating!

4. Re: Hedman Alas Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 05:15