We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guatemala-Honduras-Nicaragua-Costa Rica-Panama

Barnsley
Level Contributor
161 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Guatemala-Honduras-Nicaragua-Costa Rica-Panama

Hi there,

I'm after a bit of help. I'm currently in Antigua, Guatemala and have decided to fly out of Panama mid April. I now have almost 2 months to make my way there. I'm starting to read through some books and realising that there's probably not an obvious route to make my way down to Panama City.

First off, some questions on Honduras and what I shouldn't miss, and where to cross from Guatemala, and on to Nicaragua.

I would like to go to Utila as would love to see the whale sharks, and potentially would like to see Copan, but not a big defo as I've already seen a lot of ruins in Mexico, Asia, and will be visiting Machu Pichu. My interests are good food, wildlife, nice places, generally just getting a good feel for a place.

Does anyone have any not misses in Honduras, and a potential route through to Panama, or at least in from Guatemala, and out to Nicaragua?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Danny

wix
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
786 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guatemala-Honduras-Nicaragua-Costa Rica-Panama

I'm assuming you don't want to fly.

So you could take a bus from Antigua to Copan Ruinas with Hedman Alas, and then on to La Ceiba with Hedman Alas and catch the ferry to Utila. Hedman Alas is more expensive, but comfortable, secure and relatively fast. There are cheaper alternatives, both local buses and shuttles.

Aftter that, I don't know.

2. Re: Guatemala-Honduras-Nicaragua-Costa Rica-Panama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 05:19