We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hedman Alas bus schedule

NE Wis
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hedman Alas bus schedule

Does anyone have a printed copy of current Hedman Alas schedule? I'm trying to get from San Pedro Sula to La Ceiba on a Friday or Saturday. According to their schedule at www.hedmanalas.com they only run on Sundays and Mondays. I emailed them but haven't gotten a response yet.

La Ceiba, Honduras
Level Contributor
557 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hedman Alas bus schedule

BK -

That * Sun. Mon. note on the Hedman Alas online schedule notes that the 7:00 AM departure to Copan Ruins only runs on those days.

They run a full schedule to and from La Ceiba every day of the week.

Charlie Meador, Coco Pando, La Ceiba, Honduras

NE Wis
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hedman Alas bus schedule

Thanks Charlie

Vermont, USA
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hedman Alas bus schedule

Let me put in a plug for NON-Hedman Alas transportation. I took a Hedmal Alas bus from La Ceiba to Copan Ruins, and the bus was hermetically sealed. Windows were blocked out, TV blaring, air con freezingand the driver whaling it around curves to keep on schedule. It was one of the most unpleasant experiences of my long bus-traveling life. On the way back to San Pedro Sula from Copan Ruins, we took the local "first class" bus, which is equivalent to an old Greyhound bus. We could see out the windows, open them up for fresh air, and no unscheduled stops, so the speed was equivalent to Hedman Alas. Much cheaper, and no chickens either!

Porec, Croatia
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Hedman Alas bus schedule

Hey Mr "not2Bstopped"

I'm gonna be in Honduras at the beggining of next year and travel by bus. I've read your post about not taking Hedman Alas buses. I've even read they dont allow u to have athletic shoes? What a hell!?!

So, what is that local "first class" bus? I guess thay dont have a website, do they?

Do u know of some rates, just to have an idea. I may need to travel from Copan to either La Ceiba or just to Sand Pedro Sula.

Do they run to Guatemala too? What's the best way to get to Belize thru the carribean coast of Guatemala? I'd like to have stops on Izabal and Rio Dulce.

Thanx

>>Let me put in a plug for NON-Hedman Alas transportation. I took >>a Hedmal Alas bus from La Ceiba to Copan Ruins, and the bus >>was hermetically sealed. Windows were blocked out, TV blaring, >>air con freezingand the driver whaling it around curves to keep on >>schedule. It was one of the most unpleasant experiences of my >>long bus-traveling life. On the way back to San Pedro Sula from >>Copan Ruins, we took the local "first class" bus, which is >>equivalent to an old Greyhound bus. We could see out the >>windows, open them up for fresh air, and no unscheduled stops, >>so the speed was equivalent to Hedman Alas. Much cheaper, >>and no chickens either!

La Ceiba, Honduras
Level Contributor
557 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hedman Alas bus schedule

M -

Hedman does allow you to board with whatever is on your feet. I'm not a big A/C afficianado either and anywhere in Honduras that uses air conditioning makes it cold.

You can find some other bus info at the Transportation Guide section o f Honduras Tips Magazine at http://www.hondurastips.honduras.com/

Have fun!

Charlie Meador, Coco Pando, La Ceiba, Honduras

6. Re: Hedman Alas bus schedule

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 22:19